Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Who am I and why am I here?

I am an absolute bass fishing fanatic.  It consumes my thoughts much of my waking hours and like a lot of you some of my non-waking hours as well.  I've heard statistics that men think about sex every 45 seconds.  While I don't doubt that, for me, the time spent thinking about fishing encompasses most of the remaining time in between.  My thoughts range from analyzing past tournament performances to better understanding fish behavior to planning my next conquest on the water.  I have an addiction to the sport that seems to be insatiable which leads me to why I am here.

I read somewhere once that if you cannot find the content that you want to consume then you need to create the content yourself.  That is why I am here.  While there seems to be an unlimited amount of fishing related media out there much of it seems to be polluted.  You know what I'm talking about.  Most of today's fishing shows are nothing more than 30 minute infomercials pimping said sponsor's products.  Most print media can't make it a single paragraph without highlighting a product that you should buy if you want to be successful.  Even the majority of online content is riddled with links and tags to "sponsor" products with the hopes of someday making it big in the industry.  I understand the business side of the fishing industry.  Believe me, I do.  But that doesn't change the fact that quality content is lacking.  That is why I am here.

What can you expect to see from Upper Midwest Bass Fishing?  For starters you'll find information on specific bodies of waters in the Upper Midwest.  As I explore local bodies of water I'll bring what I've learned back in the form of a fishing log.  (That will happen, of course, when this frozen hell we northerners call winter leaves us.)  I'll even throw in some GPS coordinates for those that may want them.  As an avid tournament angler I'll provide content and commentary on the professional fishing scene.  And from time to time I'll provide technique specific videos to highlight important parts of finding and catching fish.  No not videos on how to tie a palomar knot or how to tune a crankbait.  Those videos have been done.  Remember the idea is to provide fresh content that you can't find anywhere else.  That's what I aim to do.  That is why I am here.

Enough about me.  What types of content do you want to see?




No comments:

Post a Comment