Monday, March 11, 2013

Scale fraud in B.A.S.S.?

This weekend I read an interesting post from Timmy Horton on his Facebook wall.  It was vague but it suggested that there needs to be a change in the scales that B.A.S.S. uses to weigh fish because there's the possibility of hacking into the system.  He contends that because the scales are digital and the fact that the current system allows us to see the anglers next to weigh that there is time for someone to hack into the system and manipulate weights.  Either that or he's suggesting that the weights could be manipulated by B.A.S.S. staff which is an even more scathing charge.  You can  read his post in its entirety on his wall from March 6th.    https://www.facebook.com/TimmyHortonBass?ref=ts&fref=ts.

I don't know what you think, but I've got to call this one of the most far-fetched charges I've seen in the world of professional bass fishing.  Do the anglers really have nothing else more pressing to worry about?  Is there that much distrust in the B.A.S.S. organization?  I don't think so.  I think some guys are suffering from a severe case of paranoia.  I wonder if some of  these guys making these charges also suffer from the munchies.   That would explain a lot. Or maybe this is just their way of explaining KVD's dominance.  Either way I think they're barking up the wrong tree here.

No comments:

Post a Comment